VAT Online Calculator
European Member States VAT Table
Important Note: The table below is for information only. You should previouly know the values applied to your situation before using our calculator.
To get detaled information on VAT (Value-Added Tax), please visit: TAXATION AND CUSTOMS UNION
|Country||Super Reduced Rate (%)||Reduced Rate (%)||Standard Rate (%)|
|Austria||–||10 / 13||20|
|Belgium||–||6 / 12||21|
|Croatia||–||5 / 13||25|
|Cyprus||–||5 / 9||19|
|Czech Republic||–||10 / 15||21|
|Finland||–||10 / 14||24|
|France||2.1||5.5 / 10||20|
|Greece||–||6 / 13||24|
|Hungary||–||5 / 18||27|
|Ireland||4.8||9 / 13.5||23|
|Italy||4||5 / 10||22|
|Lithuania||–||5 / 9||21|
|Malta||–||5 / 7||18|
|Poland||–||5 / 8||23|
|Portugal||–||6 / 13||23|
|Romania||–||5 / 9||19|
|Sweden||–||6 / 12||25|
How to Work Out VAT - Step by Step
Learn how it works following these examples:
1) You buy a item for 100 pounds and pay 20 % (percent) in VAT. What is the VAT on it and what is the total price (including VAT)?
- Firstly, divide the VAT Rate by 100: 20/100 = 0.2 (VAT Rate as a decimal). Note: to easily divide by 100, just move the decimal point two spaces to the left.
Now, find the VAT value by multiplying VAT Rate by the price excluding VAT:
VAT = 100 × 0.2
VAT = 20 (VAT Value rouded to 2 decimals)
Add VAT to the price excluding VAT to get the final price:
The final price including VAT = 100 + 20 = 120
VAT Formula (Final Price)
2) You buy a product for 120 pounds with VAT included. You know that the VAT Rate at your state is 20%. What is the VAT value?
a) Price excluding VAT
- Divide the VAT Rate by 100. A VAT of 20 percent was added to the product to make it equal to 120. So, divide 20 by 100 to get 0.2.
- Add one to the percentage: 1 + 0.2 = 1.2.
- Divide the final amount by the value above to find the original amount before the VAT was added. In this example: 120 / 1.2 = 100. This is the price excluding VAT.
- The VAT Value is equal to the Final Price minus the Price excluding VAT, so,
- VAT Value = 120 - 100 = 20.
VAT Formula (Price excluding VAT)
Find more examples on how to work out VAT at the bottom of this page.