How to calculate percent off. How to figure out % off of any number. How to figure out percentages off a price.
Percent-off Calculator ?Please change the values of the two first boxes below and get answers to any combination of values.
Final Price: $
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- What is ten percent (%) off $100?
- How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $100 when discounted ten percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- $10 is what percent off $100?
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following formulas:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
How to calculate Percent-off
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 10 percent off $100? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $100 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 10 percent.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 100 x 10 / 100
Amount Saved = 1000 / 100
Amount Saved = $10 (answer).
In other words, a 10% discount for a item with original price of $100 is equal to $10 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $100 when discounted 10 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $100 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 10 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 100 - 10
Sale Price = $90 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $90.
You will pay $90 for a item with original price of $100 when discounted 10%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $100 with 10% discount, you will pay 100 - 10 = 90 dollars.
3) 10 is what percent off 100 dollars?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
10 = 100 x Discount in Percent / 100
10 / 100 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 10 / 100 = Discount in Percent
1000 / 100 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 10 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.