VAT on 27.99 pounds
You can use our tool to calculate the final price or discover how much VAT is in an product. Just choose one of the calculators below.
European Member States VAT Chart
Important Note: The table below is for information only. You should previouly know the values applied to your situation before using our calculator.
To get detaled information on VAT (Value-Added Tax), please visit: TAXATION AND CUSTOMS UNION
|Country||Super Reduced Rate (%)||Reduced Rate (%)||Standard Rate (%)|
|Austria||–||10 / 13||20|
|Belgium||–||6 / 12||21|
|Croatia||–||5 / 13||25|
|Cyprus||–||5 / 9||19|
|Czech Republic||–||10 / 15||21|
|Finland||–||10 / 14||24|
|France||2.1||5.5 / 10||20|
|Greece||–||6 / 13||24|
|Hungary||–||5 / 18||27|
|Ireland||4.8||9 / 13.5||23|
|Italy||4||5 / 10||22|
|Lithuania||–||5 / 9||21|
|Malta||–||5 / 7||18|
|Poland||–||5 / 8||23|
|Portugal||–||6 / 13||23|
|Romania||–||5 / 9||19|
|Sweden||–||6 / 12||25|
How to Work Out VAT - Step by Step
Learn how it works following these examples:
1) You buy a item for 27.99 pounds and pay 20 % (percent) in VAT. What is the VAT on it and what is the total price (including VAT)?
- Firstly, divide the VAT Rate by 100: 20/100 = 0.2 (VAT Rate as a decimal). Note: to easily divide by 100, just move the decimal point two spaces to the left.
Now, find the VAT value by multiplying VAT Rate by the price excluding VAT:
VAT = 27.99 × 0.2
VAT = 5.6 (VAT Value rouded to 2 decimals)
Add VAT to the price excluding VAT to get the final price:
The final price including VAT = 27.99 + 5.6 = 33.59
VAT Formula (Final Price)
2) You buy a product for 33.588 pounds with VAT included. You know that the VAT Rate at your state is 20%. What is the VAT value?
a) Price excluding VAT
- Divide the VAT Rate by 100. A VAT of 20 percent was added to the product to make it equal to 33.588. So, divide 20 by 100 to get 0.2.
- Add one to the percentage: 1 + 0.2 = 1.2.
- Divide the final amount by the value above to find the original amount before the VAT was added. In this example: 33.59 / 1.2 = 27.99. This is the price excluding VAT.
- The VAT Value is equal to the Final Price minus the Price excluding VAT, so,
- VAT Value = 33.588 - 27.99 = 5.598.
VAT Formula (Price excluding VAT)
Find more examples on how to work out VAT at the bottom of this page.