5 discount on five over six
How to calculate 5 discount-on $five over six. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $4.75.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 5 percent (%) off $five over six?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ five over six when discounted 5 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.25 is what percent off $5/6?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 5 percent off $5/6? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $5/6 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 5.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 5/6 x 5 / 100
Amount Saved = 25 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.25 (answer).
In other words, a 5% discount for a item with original price of $5/6 is equal to $0.25 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $5/6 when discounted 5 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $5/6 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 5 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 5/6 - 0.25
Sale Price = $4.75 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $4.75.
You will pay $4.75 for a item with original price of $5/6 when discounted 5%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $5/6 with 5% discount, you will pay 5/6 - 0.25 = $4.75.
3) 0.25 is what percent off $5/6?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.25 = 5/6 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.25 / 5/6 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.25 / 5/6 = Discount in Percent
25 / 5/6 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 5 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 20 percent off 0.39
- 80 percent off 456.49
- 2 percent off seven tenths
- 1 percent off five ninths
- 40 percent off 0.88
- 60 percent off 28.90
- 40 percent off 372.53
- 80 percent off 0.37
- 35 percent off 80000
- 30 percent off 448
- 30 percent off one nineth
- 60 percent off a third
- 10 percent off 451.80
- 15 percent off 65000
- 15 percent off 282