20% off 60 Dollars
How to calculate 20 % off $60. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $48.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 20 percent (%) off $60?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 60 when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $12 is what percent off $60?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 20 percent off $60? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $60 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 20.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 60 x 20 / 100
Amount Saved = 1200 / 100
Amount Saved = $12 (answer).
In other words, a 20% discount for a item with original price of $60 is equal to $12 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $60 when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $60 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 20 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 60 - 12
Sale Price = $48 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $48.
You will pay $48 for a item with original price of $60 when discounted 20%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $60 with 20% discount, you will pay 60 - 12 = $48.
3) 12 is what percent off $60?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
12 = 60 x Discount in Percent / 100
12 / 60 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 12 / 60 = Discount in Percent
1200 / 60 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 20 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 15 percent off 232
- 60 percent off 22000
- 15 percent off two thirds
- 30 percent off seven over nine
- 90 percent off twenty nine
- 5 percent off 0.20
- 30 percent off 85000
- 75 percent off 0.53
- 40 percent off 26.49
- 30 percent off 342.79
- 25 percent off 100.25
- 2 percent off
- 80 percent off 67000
- 20 percent off 0.59
- 90 percent off 405