10 percent off a fifth Calculator
How to calculate 10 percent-off $a fifth. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $0.9.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 10 percent (%) off $a fifth?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ a fifth when discounted 10 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.1 is what percent off $1/5?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 10 percent off $1/5? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $1/5 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 10.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 1/5 x 10 / 100
Amount Saved = 10 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.1 (answer).
In other words, a 10% discount for a item with original price of $1/5 is equal to $0.1 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $1/5 when discounted 10 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $1/5 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 10 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 1/5 - 0.1
Sale Price = $0.9 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $0.9.
You will pay $0.9 for a item with original price of $1/5 when discounted 10%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $1/5 with 10% discount, you will pay 1/5 - 0.1 = $0.9.
3) 0.1 is what percent off $1/5?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.1 = 1/5 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.1 / 1/5 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.1 / 1/5 = Discount in Percent
10 / 1/5 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 10 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 35 percent off 9000
- 1 percent off 79
- 60 percent off 358
- 25 percent off eight over ten
- 70 percent off 196
- 60 percent off forty
- 7 percent off 72000
- 60 percent off 100
- 40 percent off three over four
- 40 percent off 44000
- 60 percent off 1000
- 35 percent off forty one
- 45 percent off 379
- 25 percent off 186
- 45 percent off 122.88