How much is 90 percent off twelve
How to calculate 90 percent-off $twelve. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $1.2.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 90 percent (%) off $twelve?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ twelve when discounted 90 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $10.8 is what percent off $12?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 90 percent off $12? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $12 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 90.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 12 x 90 / 100
Amount Saved = 1080 / 100
Amount Saved = $10.8 (answer).
In other words, a 90% discount for a item with original price of $12 is equal to $10.8 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $12 when discounted 90 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $12 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 90 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 12 - 10.8
Sale Price = $1.2 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $1.2.
You will pay $1.2 for a item with original price of $12 when discounted 90%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $12 with 90% discount, you will pay 12 - 10.8 = $1.2.
3) 10.8 is what percent off $12?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
10.8 = 12 x Discount in Percent / 100
10.8 / 12 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 10.8 / 12 = Discount in Percent
1080 / 12 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 90 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.