Twenty five percent off five hundred
How to calculate twenty five percent-off $five hundred. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $375.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is twenty five percent (%) off $five hundred?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ five hundred when discounted twenty five percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $125 is what percent off $500?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 25 percent off $500? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $500 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 25.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 500 x 25 / 100
Amount Saved = 12500 / 100
Amount Saved = $125 (answer).
In other words, a 25% discount for a item with original price of $500 is equal to $125 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $500 when discounted 25 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $500 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 25 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 500 - 125
Sale Price = $375 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $375.
You will pay $375 for a item with original price of $500 when discounted 25%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $500 with 25% discount, you will pay 500 - 125 = $375.
3) 125 is what percent off $500?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
125 = 500 x Discount in Percent / 100
125 / 500 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 125 / 500 = Discount in Percent
12500 / 500 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 25 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 60 percent off seven tenths
- 5 percent off 283.94
- 45 percent off 13.99
- 50 percent off 50
- 35 percent off 465.39
- 35 percent off 0.59
- 90 percent off 0.48
- 1 percent off one over six
- 10 percent off 375
- 1 percent off 254.48
- 70 percent off 488.79
- 90 percent off 53000
- 40 percent off thirty two
- 35 percent off 43000
- 55 percent off