Twenty five% off eighteen Dollars
How to calculate twenty five % off $eighteen. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $13.5.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is twenty five percent (%) off $eighteen?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ eighteen when discounted twenty five percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $4.5 is what percent off $18?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 25 percent off $18? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $18 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 25.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 18 x 25 / 100
Amount Saved = 450 / 100
Amount Saved = $4.5 (answer).
In other words, a 25% discount for a item with original price of $18 is equal to $4.5 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $18 when discounted 25 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $18 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 25 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 18 - 4.5
Sale Price = $13.5 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $13.5.
You will pay $13.5 for a item with original price of $18 when discounted 25%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $18 with 25% discount, you will pay 18 - 4.5 = $13.5.
3) 4.5 is what percent off $18?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
4.5 = 18 x Discount in Percent / 100
4.5 / 18 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 4.5 / 18 = Discount in Percent
450 / 18 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 25 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 80 percent off seven ninths
- 55 percent off 0.59
- 65 percent off 96000
- 50 percent off 0.99
- 65 percent off 0.99
- 1 percent off 37000
- 10 percent off 2000
- 50 percent off 442.60
- 75 percent off nineteen
- 45 percent off one over six
- 30 percent off 250
- 25 percent off 170
- 10 percent off 301
- 80 percent off 4000
- 50 percent off 497