Sixteen percent off 1500
How to calculate sixteen percent-off $1500. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $1260.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is sixteen percent (%) off $1500?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 1500 when discounted sixteen percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $240 is what percent off $1500?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 16 percent off $1500? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $1500 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 16.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 1500 x 16 / 100
Amount Saved = 24000 / 100
Amount Saved = $240 (answer).
In other words, a 16% discount for a item with original price of $1500 is equal to $240 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $1500 when discounted 16 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $1500 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 16 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 1500 - 240
Sale Price = $1260 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $1260.
You will pay $1260 for a item with original price of $1500 when discounted 16%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $1500 with 16% discount, you will pay 1500 - 240 = $1260.
3) 240 is what percent off $1500?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
240 = 1500 x Discount in Percent / 100
240 / 1500 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 240 / 1500 = Discount in Percent
24000 / 1500 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 16 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 7 percent off 229.68
- 5 percent off 800000
- 45 percent off eight hundred
- 50 percent off 220.49
- 7 percent off 140.49
- 15 percent off 402.39
- 10 percent off 475.95
- 50 percent off twenty five
- 2 percent off 116
- 20 percent off 104
- 70 percent off 0.70
- 10 percent off 125
- 1 percent off 149
- 15 percent off 155
- 7 percent off 13000