Sixteen% off eight hundred Dollars
How to calculate sixteen % off $eight hundred. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $672.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is sixteen percent (%) off $eight hundred?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ eight hundred when discounted sixteen percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $128 is what percent off $800?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 16 percent off $800? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $800 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 16.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 800 x 16 / 100
Amount Saved = 12800 / 100
Amount Saved = $128 (answer).
In other words, a 16% discount for a item with original price of $800 is equal to $128 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $800 when discounted 16 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $800 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 16 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 800 - 128
Sale Price = $672 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $672.
You will pay $672 for a item with original price of $800 when discounted 16%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $800 with 16% discount, you will pay 800 - 128 = $672.
3) 128 is what percent off $800?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
128 = 800 x Discount in Percent / 100
128 / 800 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 128 / 800 = Discount in Percent
12800 / 800 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 16 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.