Seventeen percent off eleven
How to calculate seventeen percent-off $eleven. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $9.13.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is seventeen percent (%) off $eleven?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ eleven when discounted seventeen percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $1.87 is what percent off $11?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 17 percent off $11? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $11 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 17.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 11 x 17 / 100
Amount Saved = 187 / 100
Amount Saved = $1.87 (answer).
In other words, a 17% discount for a item with original price of $11 is equal to $1.87 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $11 when discounted 17 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $11 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 17 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 11 - 1.87
Sale Price = $9.13 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $9.13.
You will pay $9.13 for a item with original price of $11 when discounted 17%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $11 with 17% discount, you will pay 11 - 1.87 = $9.13.
3) 1.87 is what percent off $11?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
1.87 = 11 x Discount in Percent / 100
1.87 / 11 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 1.87 / 11 = Discount in Percent
187 / 11 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 17 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.