Five percent off 340
How to calculate five percent-off $340. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $323.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is five percent (%) off $340?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 340 when discounted five percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $17 is what percent off $340?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 5 percent off $340? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $340 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 5.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 340 x 5 / 100
Amount Saved = 1700 / 100
Amount Saved = $17 (answer).
In other words, a 5% discount for a item with original price of $340 is equal to $17 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $340 when discounted 5 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $340 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 5 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 340 - 17
Sale Price = $323 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $323.
You will pay $323 for a item with original price of $340 when discounted 5%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $340 with 5% discount, you will pay 340 - 17 = $323.
3) 17 is what percent off $340?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
17 = 340 x Discount in Percent / 100
17 / 340 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 17 / 340 = Discount in Percent
1700 / 340 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 5 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.