Fifteen% off 1200
How to calculate fifteen % off $1200. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $1020.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is fifteen percent (%) off $1200?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 1200 when discounted fifteen percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $180 is what percent off $1200?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 15 percent off $1200? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $1200 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 15.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 1200 x 15 / 100
Amount Saved = 18000 / 100
Amount Saved = $180 (answer).
In other words, a 15% discount for a item with original price of $1200 is equal to $180 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $1200 when discounted 15 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $1200 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 15 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 1200 - 180
Sale Price = $1020 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $1020.
You will pay $1020 for a item with original price of $1200 when discounted 15%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $1200 with 15% discount, you will pay 1200 - 180 = $1020.
3) 180 is what percent off $1200?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
180 = 1200 x Discount in Percent / 100
180 / 1200 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 180 / 1200 = Discount in Percent
18000 / 1200 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 15 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 25 percent off 55
- 2 percent off 48
- 1 percent off eight ninths
- 15 percent off 445.92
- 10 percent off
- 65 percent off 367.80
- 65 percent off five eighths
- 60 percent off five sixths
- 70 percent off 79
- 7 percent off 83000
- 35 percent off 387.50
- 55 percent off 36.59
- 15 percent off 110
- 50 percent off 349
- 5 percent off half