Eight% off seventeen Dollars
How to calculate eight % off $seventeen. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $15.64.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is eight percent (%) off $seventeen?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ seventeen when discounted eight percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $1.36 is what percent off $17?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 8 percent off $17? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $17 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 8.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 17 x 8 / 100
Amount Saved = 136 / 100
Amount Saved = $1.36 (answer).
In other words, a 8% discount for a item with original price of $17 is equal to $1.36 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $17 when discounted 8 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $17 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 8 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 17 - 1.36
Sale Price = $15.64 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $15.64.
You will pay $15.64 for a item with original price of $17 when discounted 8%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $17 with 8% discount, you will pay 17 - 1.36 = $15.64.
3) 1.36 is what percent off $17?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
1.36 = 17 x Discount in Percent / 100
1.36 / 17 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 1.36 / 17 = Discount in Percent
136 / 17 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 8 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 55 percent off 195
- 65 percent off 100.79
- 25 percent off five over nine
- 20 percent off 0.49
- 1 percent off seven hundred
- 45 percent off 329.90
- 50 percent off 50000000
- 1 percent off three fifths
- 65 percent off 0.92
- 2 percent off 0.37
- 30 percent off 263.80
- 5 percent off two thousand
- 65 percent off 51000
- 10 percent off 0.53
- 15 percent off 0.29