8% off six Dollars
How to calculate 8 % off $six. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $5.52.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 8 percent (%) off $six?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ six when discounted 8 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.48 is what percent off $6?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 8 percent off $6? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $6 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 8.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 6 x 8 / 100
Amount Saved = 48 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.48 (answer).
In other words, a 8% discount for a item with original price of $6 is equal to $0.48 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $6 when discounted 8 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $6 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 8 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 6 - 0.48
Sale Price = $5.52 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $5.52.
You will pay $5.52 for a item with original price of $6 when discounted 8%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $6 with 8% discount, you will pay 6 - 0.48 = $5.52.
3) 0.48 is what percent off $6?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.48 = 6 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.48 / 6 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.48 / 6 = Discount in Percent
48 / 6 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 8 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.