8% off 0.50
How to calculate 8 % off $0.50. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $0.46.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 8 percent (%) off $0.50?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 0.50 when discounted 8 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.04 is what percent off $0.50?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 8 percent off $0.50? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $0.50 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 8.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 0.50 x 8 / 100
Amount Saved = 4 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.04 (answer).
In other words, a 8% discount for a item with original price of $0.50 is equal to $0.04 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $0.50 when discounted 8 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $0.50 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 8 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 0.50 - 0.04
Sale Price = $0.46 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $0.46.
You will pay $0.46 for a item with original price of $0.50 when discounted 8%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $0.50 with 8% discount, you will pay 0.50 - 0.04 = $0.46.
3) 0.04 is what percent off $0.50?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.04 = 0.50 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.04 / 0.50 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.04 / 0.50 = Discount in Percent
4 / 0.50 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 8 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 60 percent off 366.28
- Sixty percent off 0.20
- Twenty percent off 0.25
- 5 percent off four
- Thirteen percent off 499.17
- Four percent off
- Two percent off 1700
- Ten percent off 63000
- Fifteen percent off 274.88
- One hundred percent off 8000
- Sixteen percent off 93
- Five percent off nine hundred
- 15 percent off 31000
- Eight percent off 1500
- 55 percent off 22000
- Twelve percent off 0.13
- 20 percent off 9.8
- Eleven percent off
- 55 percent off
- Nine percent off 492.51
- Twenty five percent off 88
- 75 percent off 16
- Sixty percent off 1400
- 55 percent off 67000
- Eleven percent off
- 45 percent off 54
- 20 percent off 0.58
- Twenty percent off 57000
- Ninety percent off six hundred
- 80 percent off 0.29
- Fifty percent off one thousand
- Three percent off 0.35
- 5 percent off four hundred
- Seventeen percent off 193.26
- Two percent off 430.21
- Sixteen percent off 75000
- 20 percent off 44000
- 60 percent off 0.16
- 4 percent off 0.63
- 5 percent off six hundred
- Twelve percent off 81.2
- 60 percent off 249
- Five percent off
- Ten percent off 0.31
- Five percent off 59000
- 80 percent off 315
- Six percent off eight hundred
- 30 percent off 305
- Thirty percent off 75.36
- Seven percent off sixteen
- Two percent off 100000000
- One hundred percent off 445
- 3 percent off 65000
- Ten percent off 50000
- 2 percent off 29000
- 3 percent off 39000
- 30 percent off 49000
- 90 percent off five hundred
- 65 percent off 198.62
- 5 percent off a