80 percent off calculator
How to calculate 80 percent-off any number. How to figure out percentages off a price.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 80 percent (%) off $one hundred?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ one hundred when discounted 80 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $80 is what percent off $100?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 80 percent off $100? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $100 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 80.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 100 x 80 / 100
Amount Saved = 8000 / 100
Amount Saved = $80 (answer).
In other words, a 80% discount for a item with original price of $100 is equal to $80 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $100 when discounted 80 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $100 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 80 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 100 - 80
Sale Price = $20 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $20.
You will pay $20 for a item with original price of $100 when discounted 80%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $100 with 80% discount, you will pay 100 - 80 = $20.
3) 80 is what percent off $100?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
80 = 100 x Discount in Percent / 100
80 / 100 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 80 / 100 = Discount in Percent
8000 / 100 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 80 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.