50 percent off 6.99 Calculator
How to calculate 50 percent-off $6.99. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $3.495.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 50 percent (%) off $6.99?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 6.99 when discounted 50 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $3.5 is what percent off $6.99?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 50 percent off $6.99? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $6.99 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 50.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 6.99 x 50 / 100
Amount Saved = 349.5 / 100
Amount Saved = $3.5 (answer).
In other words, a 50% discount for a item with original price of $6.99 is equal to $3.495 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $6.99 when discounted 50 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $6.99 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 50 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 6.99 - 3.495
Sale Price = $3.5 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $3.5.
You will pay $3.5 for a item with original price of $6.99 when discounted 50%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $6.99 with 50% discount, you will pay 6.99 - 3.495 = $3.5.
3) 3.5 is what percent off $6.99?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
3.5 = 6.99 x Discount in Percent / 100
3.5 / 6.99 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 3.5 / 6.99 = Discount in Percent
349.5 / 6.99 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 50 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.