2% off forty two
How to calculate 2 % off $forty two. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $41.16.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 2 percent (%) off $forty two?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ forty two when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.84 is what percent off $42?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 2 percent off $42? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $42 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 2.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 42 x 2 / 100
Amount Saved = 84 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.84 (answer).
In other words, a 2% discount for a item with original price of $42 is equal to $0.84 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $42 when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $42 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 2 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 42 - 0.84
Sale Price = $41.16 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $41.16.
You will pay $41.16 for a item with original price of $42 when discounted 2%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $42 with 2% discount, you will pay 42 - 0.84 = $41.16.
3) 0.84 is what percent off $42?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.84 = 42 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent
84 / 42 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 2 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- Six percent off eight
- Seventy percent off
- 90 percent off 0.94
- 50 percent off 57
- Twelve percent off
- 65 percent off 25000
- 50 percent off 0.8
- 65 percent off eight hundred
- Nineteen percent off 87000
- Ten percent off 251
- 6 percent off 94
- Thirteen percent off 311
- 5 percent off fifty
- 35 percent off 28000
- Thirty percent off 4000
- 3 percent off 0.40
- Ten percent off 0.36
- 50 percent off 55000
- Thirteen percent off 0.87
- Seventy percent off 0.52
- Fifty percent off 1400
- Eleven percent off 0.79
- Seventy percent off 116
- Eighty percent off 3.32
- One hundred percent off 0.89
- Fifteen percent off 53000
- Twenty five percent off 95000
- Fifty percent off five hundred
- Eight percent off 7000
- Two percent off 0.37
- Sixteen percent off 7000
- Twenty percent off 0.54
- Forty percent off 265.96
- 15 percent off 457.16
- Fifteen percent off 42000
- 55 percent off 470.23
- 1 percent off
- 2 percent off 65000
- Thirteen percent off 80000
- Thirty percent off thirty two
- 70 percent off 93000
- Four percent off 325
- 6 percent off 0.25
- Four percent off sixty
- 75 percent off 0.93