2% off forty two...
How to calculate 2 % off $forty two. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $41.16.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 2 percent (%) off $forty two?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ forty two when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.84 is what percent off $42?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 2 percent off $42? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $42 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 2.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 42 x 2 / 100
Amount Saved = 84 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.84 (answer).
In other words, a 2% discount for a item with original price of $42 is equal to $0.84 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $42 when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $42 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 2 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 42 - 0.84
Sale Price = $41.16 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $41.16.
You will pay $41.16 for a item with original price of $42 when discounted 2%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $42 with 2% discount, you will pay 42 - 0.84 = $41.16.
3) 0.84 is what percent off $42?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.84 = 42 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent
84 / 42 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 2 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- Eighteen percent off 0.73
- 100 percent off 415.68
- 4 percent off 387
- Nine percent off 241
- Eight percent off 127
- Eleven percent off 103.19
- Ninety percent off 49000
- Seven percent off 248
- 15 percent off 750000
- Three percent off 150000
- 6 percent off 21000
- 55 percent off 108
- 35 percent off 5000
- 45 percent off 475
- Thirty percent off 0.41
- 4 percent off fifteen
- 100 percent off 94000
- 75 percent off three hundred
- 35 percent off 183
- Two percent off thirty one
- Twenty percent off 74000
- Fourteen percent off 64000
- Fifty percent off 0.54
- 3 percent off 90000
- Eleven percent off 0.60
- Five percent off 4000000
- Seventeen percent off 28000
- Sixty percent off 9000
- Nineteen percent off 0.23
- Nine percent off 900000
- 15 percent off 250000
- 90 percent off thirty
- 100 percent off 70000
- 4 percent off 495.71
- Eight percent off 7000000
- 30 percent off 15000
- Forty percent off 33000
- Four percent off 90000
- 35 percent off 39000
- 75 percent off 15000
- 90 percent off 434
- Fifty percent off ten
- Thirty percent off 206
- Ten percent off nineteen
- Thirty percent off 13000
- Nineteen percent off 268
- 5 percent off 67
- 35 percent off
- Four percent off 50000
- Thirteen percent off 8000
- Eight percent off 343.63
- Nineteen percent off 333
- 20 percent off 205
- Eighteen percent off 0.89
- Five percent off
- Fifty percent off seven hundred
- Seventy percent off 0.89
- 10 percent off
- Three percent off 0.68
- Twenty percent off 385.25