2% off forty two
How to calculate 2 % off $forty two. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $41.16.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 2 percent (%) off $forty two?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ forty two when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.84 is what percent off $42?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 2 percent off $42? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $42 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 2.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 42 x 2 / 100
Amount Saved = 84 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.84 (answer).
In other words, a 2% discount for a item with original price of $42 is equal to $0.84 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $42 when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $42 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 2 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 42 - 0.84
Sale Price = $41.16 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $41.16.
You will pay $41.16 for a item with original price of $42 when discounted 2%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $42 with 2% discount, you will pay 42 - 0.84 = $41.16.
3) 0.84 is what percent off $42?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.84 = 42 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent
84 / 42 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 2 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- Fifteen percent off 8000
- 9 percent off seven hundred
- 20 percent off 8.16
- 30 percent off
- Thirty percent off 0.69
- Eight percent off 109.85
- Four percent off 15000
- Eighty percent off 0.1
- 4 percent off 74000
- Sixteen percent off 175
- Thirteen percent off 0.93
- 50 percent off 52000
- Nine percent off sixteen
- 15 percent off one hundred and one
- Fifteen percent off 0.65
- Seventeen percent off 8.1
- 4 percent off 267
- 25 percent off four hundred
- 40 percent off
- Four percent off 800000
- 55 percent off 77000
- Ten percent off
- 60 percent off 370.37
- Eighty percent off 164.36
- One percent off 700000
- 20 percent off 278
- 75 percent off 470.86
- 8 percent off 176
- Three percent off 84000
- 60 percent off ten thousand
- 25 percent off 0.83
- Thirty percent off 650000
- 35 percent off
- 100 percent off
- Thirty percent off 312
- Twenty percent off 0.1
- Seventeen percent off ten
- 5 percent off 88000
- 15 percent off 300000
- Ten percent off 75000
- 10 percent off 45
- 20 percent off 287.87
- 80 percent off ten
- 65 percent off one thousand
- 60 percent off 224.94
- One percent off 8000
- Seven percent off
- 60 percent off 0.96
- Nine percent off 87000
- Seventeen percent off 52
- Five percent off 0.70
- One hundred percent off three hundred
- 75 percent off 294
- Two percent off thirty one
- 7 percent off 0.97
- Seventy percent off 82.24
- Thirty percent off 0.48
- 1 percent off thirteen
- 40 percent off 425.12
- Seventy percent off 474