2% off forty two
How to calculate 2 % off $forty two. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $41.16.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 2 percent (%) off $forty two?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ forty two when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.84 is what percent off $42?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 2 percent off $42? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $42 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 2.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 42 x 2 / 100
Amount Saved = 84 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.84 (answer).
In other words, a 2% discount for a item with original price of $42 is equal to $0.84 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $42 when discounted 2 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $42 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 2 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 42 - 0.84
Sale Price = $41.16 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $41.16.
You will pay $41.16 for a item with original price of $42 when discounted 2%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $42 with 2% discount, you will pay 42 - 0.84 = $41.16.
3) 0.84 is what percent off $42?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.84 = 42 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.84 / 42 = Discount in Percent
84 / 42 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 2 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 45 percent off 456.92
- 10 percent off 97000
- 1 percent off 50000
- 15 percent off 116
- 5 percent off 2000000
- 25 percent off 490.39
- 7 percent off 147.25
- 20 percent off 115
- 90 percent off 28.98
- 80 percent off 0.97
- 2 percent off 269
- 40 percent off seven ninths
- 30 percent off 318.20
- 45 percent off 0.37
- 35 percent off 334
- 15 percent off ten
- 20 percent off 78000
- 55 percent off 14000
- 35 percent off 448.79
- 35 percent off
- 25 percent off 650000
- 7 percent off 487.68
- 90 percent off 69
- 10 percent off 0.60
- 35 percent off thirteen
- 10 percent off six tenths
- 5 percent off 394.80
- 2 percent off 75000
- 20 percent off six over ten
- 25 percent off 0.97