20 percent off twelve
How to calculate 20 percent-off $twelve. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $9.6.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 20 percent (%) off $twelve?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ twelve when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $2.4 is what percent off $12?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 20 percent off $12? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $12 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 20.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 12 x 20 / 100
Amount Saved = 240 / 100
Amount Saved = $2.4 (answer).
In other words, a 20% discount for a item with original price of $12 is equal to $2.4 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $12 when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $12 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 20 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 12 - 2.4
Sale Price = $9.6 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $9.6.
You will pay $9.6 for a item with original price of $12 when discounted 20%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $12 with 20% discount, you will pay 12 - 2.4 = $9.6.
3) 2.4 is what percent off $12?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
2.4 = 12 x Discount in Percent / 100
2.4 / 12 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 2.4 / 12 = Discount in Percent
240 / 12 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 20 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 65 percent off 0.98
- 25 percent off six
- 2 percent off five
- 30 percent off a quarter
- 15 percent off five hundred
- 7 percent off one twelfth
- 50 percent off nine hundred
- 50 percent off fourteen
- 20 percent off nine
- 50 percent off 258
- 45 percent off 399
- 15 percent off quarter
- 75 percent off 0.53
- 20 percent off 0.68
- 1 percent off 0.59