20% off a hundred
How to calculate 20 % off $a hundred. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $80.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 20 percent (%) off $a hundred?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ a hundred when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $20 is what percent off $100?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 20 percent off $100? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $100 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 20.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 100 x 20 / 100
Amount Saved = 2000 / 100
Amount Saved = $20 (answer).
In other words, a 20% discount for a item with original price of $100 is equal to $20 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $100 when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $100 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 20 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 100 - 20
Sale Price = $80 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $80.
You will pay $80 for a item with original price of $100 when discounted 20%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $100 with 20% discount, you will pay 100 - 20 = $80.
3) 20 is what percent off $100?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
20 = 100 x Discount in Percent / 100
20 / 100 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 20 / 100 = Discount in Percent
2000 / 100 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 20 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 55 percent off 0.39
- 75 percent off 96000
- 40 percent off 50.92
- 55 percent off 178.79
- 40 percent off 100000
- 35 percent off 28000
- 2 percent off
- 10 percent off 426.94
- 10 percent off 401.29
- 70 percent off one over ten
- 5 percent off 57000
- 20 percent off 73000
- 40 percent off one over six
- 75 percent off 339.88
- 10 percent off