1 percent off calculator
How to calculate 1 percent-off any number. How to figure out percentages off a price.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 1 percent (%) off $one hundred?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ one hundred when discounted 1 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $1 is what percent off $100?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 1 percent off $100? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $100 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 1.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 100 x 1 / 100
Amount Saved = 100 / 100
Amount Saved = $1 (answer).
In other words, a 1% discount for a item with original price of $100 is equal to $1 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $100 when discounted 1 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $100 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 1 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 100 - 1
Sale Price = $99 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $99.
You will pay $99 for a item with original price of $100 when discounted 1%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $100 with 1% discount, you will pay 100 - 1 = $99.
3) 1 is what percent off $100?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
1 = 100 x Discount in Percent / 100
1 / 100 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 1 / 100 = Discount in Percent
100 / 100 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 1 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 15 percent off 235
- 5 percent off two thousand
- 55 percent off 166.70
- 80 percent off 50
- 70 percent off seven over nine
- 40 percent off 0.49
- 30 percent off 110.20
- 15 percent off 341.92
- 80 percent off 0.92
- 30 percent off eight over nine
- 65 percent off six hundred
- 60 percent off 157.88
- 65 percent off 40000
- 50 percent off one tenths
- 70 percent off one sixteenth
- 35 percent off 107
- 55 percent off 13.99
- 40 percent off 59000
- 55 percent off 5000
- 2 percent off five over six
- 60 percent off six hundred
- 30 percent off nine
- 1 percent off one million
- 50 percent off 35000
- 35 percent off 0.49
- 25 percent off one over five
- 2 percent off 16.99
- 7 percent off two ninths
- 75 percent off 0.20
- 45 percent off 27000