1 percent off 8 Calculator
How to calculate 1 percent-off $8. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $7.92.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 1 percent (%) off $8?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 8 when discounted 1 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $0.08 is what percent off $8?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 1 percent off $8? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $8 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 1.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 8 x 1 / 100
Amount Saved = 8 / 100
Amount Saved = $0.08 (answer).
In other words, a 1% discount for a item with original price of $8 is equal to $0.08 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $8 when discounted 1 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $8 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 1 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 8 - 0.08
Sale Price = $7.92 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $7.92.
You will pay $7.92 for a item with original price of $8 when discounted 1%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $8 with 1% discount, you will pay 8 - 0.08 = $7.92.
3) 0.08 is what percent off $8?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
0.08 = 8 x Discount in Percent / 100
0.08 / 8 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 0.08 / 8 = Discount in Percent
8 / 8 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 1 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 5 percent off 0.79
- 75 percent off eight tenths
- 60 percent off 181.29
- 35 percent off 30000000
- 60 percent off eight over nine
- 2 percent off
- 15 percent off 0.37
- 25 percent off 460.99
- 80 percent off 4000
- 70 percent off 255
- 15 percent off 45000
- 7 percent off 405.37
- 35 percent off 360.90
- 35 percent off 0.70
- 5 percent off 72.70