15 percent off twenty
How to calculate 15 percent-off $twenty. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $17.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 15 percent (%) off $twenty?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ twenty when discounted 15 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $3 is what percent off $20?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 15 percent off $20? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $20 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 15.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 20 x 15 / 100
Amount Saved = 300 / 100
Amount Saved = $3 (answer).
In other words, a 15% discount for a item with original price of $20 is equal to $3 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $20 when discounted 15 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $20 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 15 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 20 - 3
Sale Price = $17 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $17.
You will pay $17 for a item with original price of $20 when discounted 15%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $20 with 15% discount, you will pay 20 - 3 = $17.
3) 3 is what percent off $20?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
3 = 20 x Discount in Percent / 100
3 / 20 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 3 / 20 = Discount in Percent
300 / 20 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 15 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 45 percent off one quarter
- 2 percent off seventeen
- 50 percent off 36000
- 25 percent off 0.60
- 35 percent off 127
- 35 percent off 469.70
- 75 percent off 174
- 25 percent off 65000
- 35 percent off 367
- 80 percent off 376
- 1 percent off seventeen
- 15 percent off 0.94
- 25 percent off 12000
- 7 percent off thirteen
- 10 percent off 298
- 90 percent off 140.59
- 65 percent off 0.95
- 45 percent off 324
- 7 percent off 0.95
- 40 percent off 43009
- 50 percent off twenty three
- 20 percent off
- 55 percent off 353
- 1 percent off 70.79
- 25 percent off 15.29
- 25 percent off 371
- 10 percent off 419.80
- 40 percent off fifty
- 10 percent off seven over eight
- 15 percent off 8