15 percent off 10
How to calculate 15 percent-off $10. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $8.5.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 15 percent (%) off $10?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 10 when discounted 15 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $1.5 is what percent off $10?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 15 percent off $10? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $10 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 15.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 10 x 15 / 100
Amount Saved = 150 / 100
Amount Saved = $1.5 (answer).
In other words, a 15% discount for a item with original price of $10 is equal to $1.5 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $10 when discounted 15 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $10 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 15 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 10 - 1.5
Sale Price = $8.5 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $8.5.
You will pay $8.5 for a item with original price of $10 when discounted 15%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $10 with 15% discount, you will pay 10 - 1.5 = $8.5.
3) 1.5 is what percent off $10?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
1.5 = 10 x Discount in Percent / 100
1.5 / 10 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 1.5 / 10 = Discount in Percent
150 / 10 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 15 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 30 percent off one over eight
- 40 percent off 40000000
- 90 percent off two over nine
- 15 percent off 75
- 20 percent off 0.80
- 5 percent off one million
- 30 percent off twenty four
- 35 percent off 0.94
- 25 percent off 0.59
- 30 percent off 24.88
- 10 percent off 45
- 25 percent off 26
- 80 percent off 348
- 15 percent off 5000
- 35 percent off 46000