10 percent off seventeen Calculator
How to calculate 10 percent-off $seventeen. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $15.3.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 10 percent (%) off $seventeen?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ seventeen when discounted 10 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $1.7 is what percent off $17?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 10 percent off $17? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $17 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 10.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 17 x 10 / 100
Amount Saved = 170 / 100
Amount Saved = $1.7 (answer).
In other words, a 10% discount for a item with original price of $17 is equal to $1.7 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $17 when discounted 10 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $17 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 10 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 17 - 1.7
Sale Price = $15.3 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $15.3.
You will pay $15.3 for a item with original price of $17 when discounted 10%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $17 with 10% discount, you will pay 17 - 1.7 = $15.3.
3) 1.7 is what percent off $17?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
1.7 = 17 x Discount in Percent / 100
1.7 / 17 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 1.7 / 17 = Discount in Percent
170 / 17 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 10 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 50 percent off 22000
- 2 percent off 247
- 7 percent off 77000
- 90 percent off 47000
- 35 percent off 172.90
- 5 percent off one tenths
- 60 percent off 259.70
- 65 percent off 0.59
- 60 percent off 4000
- 50 percent off four fifths
- 45 percent off 189
- 55 percent off 264.88
- 80 percent off 0.92
- 1 percent off 6000
- 7 percent off twenty