How much is one percent off five hundred
How to calculate one percent-off $five hundred. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $495.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is one percent (%) off $five hundred?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ five hundred when discounted one percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $5 is what percent off $500?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 1 percent off $500? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $500 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 1.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 500 x 1 / 100
Amount Saved = 500 / 100
Amount Saved = $5 (answer).
In other words, a 1% discount for a item with original price of $500 is equal to $5 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $500 when discounted 1 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $500 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 1 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 500 - 5
Sale Price = $495 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $495.
You will pay $495 for a item with original price of $500 when discounted 1%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $500 with 1% discount, you will pay 500 - 5 = $495.
3) 5 is what percent off $500?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
5 = 500 x Discount in Percent / 100
5 / 500 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 5 / 500 = Discount in Percent
500 / 500 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 1 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 40 percent off 60000
- 25 percent off 0.68
- 60 percent off 21
- 20 percent off 99000
- 7 percent off one hundred
- 75 percent off 328
- 70 percent off 29000
- 5 percent off 208.88
- 90 percent off thirty two
- 55 percent off 271.92
- 90 percent off 308.92
- 5 percent off 0.60
- 5 percent off 0.92
- 40 percent off 0.49
- 1 percent off 185.99