How much is eighty percent off ten
How to calculate eighty percent-off $ten. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $2.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is eighty percent (%) off $ten?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ ten when discounted eighty percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $8 is what percent off $10?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 80 percent off $10? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $10 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 80.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 10 x 80 / 100
Amount Saved = 800 / 100
Amount Saved = $8 (answer).
In other words, a 80% discount for a item with original price of $10 is equal to $8 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $10 when discounted 80 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $10 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 80 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 10 - 8
Sale Price = $2 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $2.
You will pay $2 for a item with original price of $10 when discounted 80%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $10 with 80% discount, you will pay 10 - 8 = $2.
3) 8 is what percent off $10?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
8 = 10 x Discount in Percent / 100
8 / 10 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 8 / 10 = Discount in Percent
800 / 10 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 80 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.
Sample Percent Calculations
- 70 percent off 166.70
- 70 percent off 57000
- 75 percent off 42000
- 15 percent off five over six
- 30 percent off sixteen
- 60 percent off seven eighths
- 40 percent off
- 20 percent off 900
- 75 percent off 0.49
- 7 percent off 350000
- 25 percent off 212
- 15 percent off 0.60
- 45 percent off 82000
- 15 percent off 78000
- 45 percent off 187.39