How much is eighteen percent off 84
How to calculate eighteen percent-off $84. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $68.88.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is eighteen percent (%) off $84?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ 84 when discounted eighteen percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $15.12 is what percent off $84?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 18 percent off $84? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $84 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 18.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 84 x 18 / 100
Amount Saved = 1512 / 100
Amount Saved = $15.12 (answer).
In other words, a 18% discount for a item with original price of $84 is equal to $15.12 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $84 when discounted 18 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $84 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 18 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 84 - 15.12
Sale Price = $68.88 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $68.88.
You will pay $68.88 for a item with original price of $84 when discounted 18%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $84 with 18% discount, you will pay 84 - 15.12 = $68.88.
3) 15.12 is what percent off $84?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
15.12 = 84 x Discount in Percent / 100
15.12 / 84 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 15.12 / 84 = Discount in Percent
1512 / 84 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 18 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.