How much is 20 percent off sixteen
How to calculate 20 percent-off $sixteen. How to figure out percentages off a price. Using this calculator you will find that the amount after the discount is $12.8.
Using this calculator you can find the discount value and the discounted price of an item. It is helpfull to answer questions like:
- 1) What is 20 percent (%) off $sixteen?
- 2) How much will you pay for an item where the original price before discount is $ sixteen when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is the final or sale price?
- 3) $3.2 is what percent off $16?
- See how to solve these questions just after the Percent-off Calculator (or Discount) below.
how to work out discounts - Step by Step
To calculate discount it is ease by using the following equations:
- Amount Saved = Orig. Price x Discount % / 100 (a)
- Sale Price = Orig. Price - Amount Saved (b)
Now, let's solve the questions stated above:
1) What is 20 percent off $16? Find the amount of discount.
Suppose you have a Kohls coupon of $16 and you want to know how much you will save for an item if the discount is 20.
Replacing the given values in formula (a) we have:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent / 100. So,
Amount Saved = 16 x 20 / 100
Amount Saved = 320 / 100
Amount Saved = $3.2 (answer).
In other words, a 20% discount for a item with original price of $16 is equal to $3.2 (Amount Saved).
Note that to find the amount saved, just multiply it by the percentage and divide by 100.
2) How much to pay for an item of $16 when discounted 20 percent (%)? What is item's sale price?
Suppose you have a L.L. Bean coupon of $16 and you want to know the final or sale price if the discount is 20 percent.
Using the formula (b) and replacing the given values:
Sale Price = Original Price - Amount Saved. So,
Sale Price = 16 - 3.2
Sale Price = $12.8 (answer).
This means the cost of the item to you is $12.8.
You will pay $12.8 for a item with original price of $16 when discounted 20%.
In this example, if you buy an item at $16 with 20% discount, you will pay 16 - 3.2 = $12.8.
3) 3.2 is what percent off $16?
Using the formula (b) and replacing given values:
Amount Saved = Original Price x Discount in Percent /100. So,
3.2 = 16 x Discount in Percent / 100
3.2 / 16 = Discount in Percent /100
100 x 3.2 / 16 = Discount in Percent
320 / 16 = Discount in Percent, or
Discount in Percent = 20 (answer).
To find more examples, just choose one at the bottom of this page.